Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Back to School

The classes have begun and so has our penury as we try hard to gather ourselves to keep up with the pace of instructor. A 2hr introduced us to balance sheet, another 2 hrs to statistics and yet another two hours verging on 20 yrs took toll on our brains when we were being pushed with lot of very basic terminologies related to IT. Having spent close to 3 years in IT industry that was the last thing I expected. Slides after slides kept on explaining multiuser systems/DOS/Windows/LAN/DBMS...as I looked to duck the very same stuff that I thought I had left behind. No case studies for this course means its going to be a monologue. The lecturer had done an excellent job at making the presentation as he made sure that all the details are mentioned in a presentable way. It was the most meticulous presentation that I had ever seen in my life. Perhaps it is the nature of the course and my assumption that I know all about it that tuned me to Venus in the class.
The scene is quite different in the other classes where there are ample case studies or the teacher is quite happy to give lot of opportunity to the class to speak. A few enthusiastic souls it seems have made it a point to speak out whatever terminologies they have come across before joining the course, relevance of the utterings seem to be irrelevant, others take every opportunity to cross question till the hilt, not willing to let go, lest they lose the opportunity to clarify an issue till the very end (Sometimes I too get dragged into this, working on resisting the temptation). The class is often left praying and hoping for the progress in the lecture. Perhaps its the newfound B-school student status or perhaps purely the zeal to learn as much or perhaps just timepass yaar - when everyone is speaking let me blabber out something too or maybe asking my question might help me out of deep slumber - or perhaps its just the openmindedness and knowlegebility of the profs here that encourages the students to probe deeper and deeper into the subjects, as they feel assured of gaining something out of it. Whatever!! I am enjoying my return to SCHOOL and plan to be one of the perpetrators of all the crimes mentioned above. I hope i become a good criminal and have a fun time.

2 comments:

Shaks said...

Oye welcome to the community

Anonymous said...

So who are these enthusiastic souls?? *wink* *wink* I hope I'm not one of them :)